I’ve been given an award by fellow blogger Sarah over at Pursuit of Plenty. Yay! Unfortunately, there’s no awards ceremony so I won’t be blubbing like Gwyneth Paltrow, and I guess I’ve still got a lot more time to write and rehearse any kind of acceptance speech. The award in question is called The Liebster Award and is an unofficial way of honouring the work of other bloggers who have 200 followers or less. However, to accept the award you have to nominate some more Liebster recipients – therefore by nominating more bloggers you’re helping to get other blogs noticed too.
1. List 5 facts about yourself.
2. Answer the 5 questions given to you.
3. Create 5 new questions for the bloggers you nominate for the award.
4. Choose 5 worthy bloggers to nominate.
5. Go to each bloggers page and let them know about the award.
6. Thank the person who nominated you and link back to their blog.
5 Facts about Me
1. My first word was ‘cat’.
2. In 2008, I applied to be on Paris Hilton’s British Best Friend and made it to the last 300. Yeah, I definitely dodged a bullet with that one…
3. My least favourite job was when I worked at the Toast concession in Selfridges.
4. When I was 20, I was diagnosed with narcolepsy, although it’s probable that I have suffered from narcolepsy since my mid-teens.
5. I hate Marmite.
Sarah’s Questions for Me
1. If you could pick a theme song for yourself, what would it be? Imagine the opening credits in the movie of YOU, or when you walk out into the ring for the biggest fight of your life…
Eww. To be perfectly honest, I think that picking your own theme song is kind of like picking a nickname for yourself – pretty lame! If I could choose my own theme song I’d probably want it to be something a bit villainous and cool, like ‘Queen Bitch’ by David Bowie or ‘Vicious’ by Lou Reed.
2. What one quote/saying inspires you consistently?
Less a quote, more just a piece of great advice from my granny, who is undoubtedly the wisest lady I know. Her advice on worries and anxiety is this: “If you can do something about it, get on with it! If you can’t do anything about it, try and forget about it.”
3. You’ve been given $10,000 to donate to any one (non-profit) cause. Where do you invest?
I’d give my money to a conservation charity because I think it’s important to protect species of endangered animals and, shamefully, I don’t feel that I do enough to try and offset the damage my lifestyle inevitably has on the environment.
4. If you could own one piece of art from any major museum what would it be?
Not sure, but I found a couple of nice pieces I’d like to own on Artsy.Harland Miller – Fuck Art, Let’s Dance
Howard Hodgkin – In India
5. What do you consider to be your most brilliant asset?
Probably my sense of humour. It’s not always easy to see the funny side of a situation, but I think it’s sometimes helpful in life.
The Daily Psychedelic Video - surreal, funny and beautiful videos which are posted every day.
Shiny Shiny New - a great music blog which has introduced me to some great bands, like Temples.
Construct of the Mind - a visual feast that combines music with art to create a multi-sensory experience. The music on this blog isn’t always to my taste, but the choices in art are generally flawless.
Beautiful Stills From Beautiful Films - pretty self-explanatory.
Institute Magazine - so many slick and wonderful fashion editorials on this blog.
Honourable mentions also go to The Style Raconteur and She Walks Softly – both excellent blogs, but they have more than 200 followers.
Questions for my Nominees
1. What would your ideal Sunday consist of?
2. If you could relocate to anywhere in the world, where would it be?
3. What made you decide to start blogging?
4. What do you wish you did more often?
5. What’s the best book you’ve read recently?